Calendar of Events & Activities
- May 2: PTA meeting at 7:00 p.m. in the library
- May 4: Retirement Celebration from 7:00-11:00 p.m. at Woodlands Crystal Room
- May 8: Fine Arts Night at 6:15 p.m.
- May 10: Carnival Basket Raffle Donations Due
- May 11: Student Council Meeting at 8:15 a.m. in room 1026
- May 12: Girls On The Run 5K run/walk
- May 18: Kilgour 5K run/walk
- May 19: Kilgour Carnival
Kilgour Yearbook Order Deadline Extended
Place your order for the yearbook—NOW IN COLOR! You can order using the form that came home in the Tuesday folder. So that we know the right amount to order, please send in your form by the newly extended May 7 deadline.
Fine Arts Night
The artistic talents of our students will be on display Tuesday, May 8. You may view students' artwork in the cafeteria and hear our student musicians in the gym:
6:15 p.m. Beginning and Intermediate Band
7:00 p.m. Junior and Senior Handchime Choirs
7:30 p.m. Primary and Intermediate Choirs
Growing Up Program
Opportunity to View Videos, May 2 from 6:00-7:00 p.m.
As discussed in the last issue of the Synopsis, before spring break, volunteer parent dyads (each having at least one psychologist and/or physician) presented the Growing Up program to intermediate students and answered questions in 45-60 minute sessions. Students viewed the video-based curriculum, called Healthy Me, in groups with peers of the same grade and gender. 4th graders viewed the video on "Good Hygiene," 5th graders viewed the video on "Looking Ahead" (puberty changes in the same gender) and the video on "Having a Positive Body Image" and 6th graders viewed the video on "Looking Ahead" (puberty changes in the opposite gender).
Walnut Hills Football Camp
Calling all interested football players who will be 3rd to 7th graders next year....Walnut Hills High School just completed its most winning season ever! Join Head Coach Kontsis and his entire coaching staff for an intensive, informative football camp, June 18-21, 5:30- 7:45 p.m. at Walnut Hills football stadium (Marx Stadium.) Learn more and register using this form. Questions? Please call the football office at 363-8662.
Kilgour Carnival Raffle and Raffle Shops
Remember, for $1 a ticket, or 3 tickets for $2, you will have a chance to take home:
- The raffle’s grand prize of $500;
- The second prize of $250; or
- The third prize of $100.
In addition, the seller of each winning ticket will win $25, and the top 20 sellers will be able to choose from prizes that includes an iPad2 Tablet (valued at $399), a PlayStation Vita (valued at $249), a Kindle Fire Tablet (valued at $199), a Kindle e-Reader (valued at $79) and a fabulous selection of gift certificates.
Kilgour Carnival May 19!
Mark your calendar for the Kilgour Carnival on May 19 from 11:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. and the Kilgour 5K on May 18. This event is one of the largest fundraisers of the year. You can learn more about carnival here.
Basket Raffle Donations are due May 10: Please donate an item to your child's classroom theme basket. These items will be assembled into fabulous baskets and raffled off at the carnival. There are 10 different basket themes this year. You might consider going in with a couple of families and donating a larger item or gift certificate related to the theme for your classroom. Please place these items in the bins provided in your classroom. And look for these great baskets that you helped create at the carnival! The following are ideas to get you started. Please be as creative as you would like.
Ms. Brafman / Ms Hans: Toys for Your Dog
- toys, treats, shampoos, leashes.
Ms. Martini / Ms. Cosmah/ Ms. Robers: Family Fun Outside
- sports equipment, water bottles, folding chairs, kites, flashlights.
Mr. Cheney/Ms. Sklolnick: Let's Have a Picnic-BBQ
- plastic ware, tablecloths, citronella candles, utensils
Ms. Grybowski/Mr. Jones: Make Your Garden Beautiful
- seeds, bulbs, tools, hats, gloves
Ms. Armstrong/Ms. Lathrop: Arts & Crafts for Kids
- paint, glue, stickers, markers, paper, chalk, scissors, craft materials
Ms. Charles/Ms. Lisch: Coffee, Tea and Me
- coffee, tea, gift cards, books, magazines, cups
Ms. Brown/Ms. Schroeder: Fun at the Pool
- goggles, beach towels, water toys, insulated coolers
Ms. Kroger/Ms. Marrs: Sports of all Sorts
- soccer balls, football, golfing, accessories, gift cards
Last Name A - L: Pamper a Great Mom
- stationery, lotions, special bag, books, jewelry, gift certificates (manicure,
Last Name M - Z: Indulge a Special Dad
- Tools, sports-related gear, gift books, gift certificates
Celebrate Cincinnati & our Area Neighborhoods
- Gift certificates to Graeters, Zip's, Skyline, Mt. Lookout and Hyde Park
favorites, t-shirts, hats from any favorites, Cincinnati Reds gear, books, games,
- Chips, salsa, gift certificates to Mexican restaurants, cookbooks, margarita
makings, salt, glasses, serving dishes
Carnival and 5K Parent Sponsorship: A great way to help is to be a sponsor of the Carnival or 5K run. Donate or learn more about sponsorship opportunities here.
Yard signs are now available. Pick yours up from the hallway by the office and library whenever school is open.
Carnival T-shirts: Don't be the only one without a shirt! Order your carnival t-shirt using this order form.